National Median Pay
Real Go-Getters Make
Hourly wages up to
A typical welder fabricator is tasked with constructing a variety of metal objects. Metal construction often requires more than just welding. Welder fabricators could be responsible for:
- Machining fabrication materials and components
- Fitting, setting, and installing fabricated structures
- Cutting and welding with a variety of processes
- Metal forming, bending, and finishing
- Repair, design, layout, and estimation
- Overseeing shop hands or helpers
- Many other industry/trade specific responsibilities
Education & Training
There are many ways to start a career as a welder fabricator. Like every career, education and training lead to further success.
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Blueprint reading
Primarily in a shop with a variety of fabrication equipment. Occasional field work and travel may be required.
Want to explore other careers that have similar work environments, education, training, and responsibilities?
- Sheet Metal Worker
- Aerospace Welder
- Maintenance Welder