National Median Pay
Real Go-Getters Make
Hourly wages up to
+/- $40 HR
- Safe and efficient welding underwater, in a cofferdam, or other marine environment
- Preform cutting, fitting, and rigging, to salvage sunken equipment
- Calibrate all materials and equipment for welding and diving
- Identify weld discontinuities and defects, and perform nondestructive testing.
- Survey waters of various depths for obstacles and perform underwater photography and recording
Education & Training
Education and training that can lead to a successful career may include:
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Prepared to adapt to a challenging work environment
- Flexible and able to work in a team environment
- Organized and detail oriented
- Focused under pressure
- Maintain physical strength and superior fitness
Underwater welders work in a variety of industries that are integrated within aquatic environments. Nearly all opportunities exist along the coastal regions and may require travel.
Want to explore other careers that have similar work environments, education, training, and responsibilities?
- Commercial Diver
- Offshore Welder